Aim: Develop an Online Marketing Strategy that is aligned with business and marketing objectives to provide consistent direction for online marketing activities.
- Assess micro and macro environments to provide SWOT analysis
- Market – Expanding or contracting?
- Company – Growing or shrinking?
- Competitors – Growing or shrinking? (80 in Reading area)
- Customers – Which online platforms do they use? Touchpoints.
- Resources – Human, financial, technological
- Sell – Set customer acquisition and retention targets e.g. winning x number of clients from competitors within given time scale.
- Serve – Set customer satisfaction targets e.g. increased transparency and accountability.
- Sizzle – Set brand recognition and perception targets e.g. delivering excellent customer experience.
- Speak – Set number of engaged customers e.g. number of existing customers engaged with & number of potential customers engaged with within given time scale.
- Save – Set efficiency gains targets e.g. streamlined communications with existing customers.
Essentially channel marketing strategy.
- Segmentation – Segment customers through Spend, Regularity, Service Usage, Online Communications Usage.
- Brand Positioning – Selecting brand position within the industry based customers served and perceived gaps in the market.
- Value Proposition – Achieve differential advantage of buying services, e.g. Safety, Peace of mind, Compliance to legislation, cost effectiveness, reliability.
- Communication – Target brand and value communications to relevant customer segments.
- Integration – Integrate digital and social media marketing with business and marketing objectives.
- Set up Google Alerts for company name, competitors name, and specific industry keywords to gather picture of the digital landscape CET is operating in.
- Optimise website with greater CTA, remove inline styling, add company address in footer.
- Optimise website for mobile devices.
- Implement SEO for website with optimised keywords, rich snippets, authorship, sitemap.
- Implement Google Analytics for website.
- Increase and optimise usage of News section on website to included regular updates about company and changes within the industry.
- Use pingomatic to tell search engines News has been updated.
- Implement Twitter feed on website.
- Fix LinkedIn profile link on website.
- Optimise Google Places page and encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Optimise Twitter page including background image.
- Increase and optimise Twitter usage to include regular updates about the company, and industry, but more importantly engage in conversations, retweets and mentions. Follow customers, intermediaries, and industry leaders.
- Set up eCRM to manage email campaigns to existing customers.
- Create QR codes for particular tests, equipment, service, or customer that link to specific help pages on company website.
- Utilise PAT Electric App to manage asset database and export reports to customers.
- Prioritise website improvements, social media, and seo actions.
- Set resources for project/tasks, including financial, technological, and human.
- Assign responsibilities for tasks.
- Set schedule for tasks and project.
- Set KPI’s for project.
- Measuring and evaluating strategy and implementation.
- Were customer acquisition and retention targets met?
- Measure customer satisfaction through surveys. Were targets met?
- Measure brand recognition and perception through survey. Were targets met? Are more potential customers aware of the company. Do existing customers feel they have an excellent customer experience.
- Measure number of engaged customers e.g. number of existing customers engaged with & number of potential customers engaged with within given time scale.
- Measure efficiency gains. Has there been an increase in the number of customer communicated to with email, Twitter, etc. Were targets met?
- How does the team work together on a project? Collaboratively or more individually?
- What’s the day-to-day work pace like?
- Which aspect of the role would be the highest priority?
- Will there be opportunities for sharing skills so I can learn more?
- How would my performance be monitored?
- Would you be able to support me in my course with things like information for case studies, etc.?
- Assuming I’m success at the this stage, what’s the next part of the process?